MDP’s Consumer team focuses on investment opportunities in a wide range of sectors, including:
- Specialty retailing, including specialty hardlines and deep value retailers
- Other location-based consumer services, including foodservice, fitness and entertainment
- Branded and private label consumer products
- Food and beverage manufacturing and distribution
- Outsourced services primarily serving consumer-facing companies, including distribution services
- Direct marketing, including business-to-consumer and business-to-business direct marketers
MDP has been investing in the consumer sector since the early 1980s and believes that the diverse sectors comprising the consumer industry will continue to present attractive investment opportunities for sophisticated, knowledgeable, and experienced investors.
Given the magnitude, diversity and dynamism of the consumer sector of the U.S. economy as well as the scope of its practice, MDP’s consumer team is not reliant on any particular segment for investment opportunities and has surfaced high-quality deal flow regardless of prevailing economic or consumer trends. Moreover, MDP’s consumer team’s extensive experience in investing in companies across various stages of development positions it to participate in a very broad spectrum of attractive growth equity, recapitalization, and leveraged acquisition transactions.